contact us

about us

Adulting 101: Here’s How to Get Your Valid IDs

Adulating includes getting ourselves verified and legally identified by having valid and government-issued IDs. You may be wondering why you need the ID. It includes additional security features to ensure secure transactions and prevent identity theft. How? Through obtaining your biometrics.

Valid and government-issued IDs are required for performing transactions, particularly banking, applying for jobs, and obtaining important documents. You don’t need to get them all. The primary ones are enough unless it’s mandatory in your situation.

So, to assist you, here is a list of some of the primary valid and government-issued IDs that you must have, as well as for instructions on how to obtain them and where to get them.



Let’s start with the easiest one to obtain—The Postal ID. All Filipino citizens (regardless of age), including foreign residents, can apply. This ID shall be valid for three (3) years for Filipinos and foreign residents with Special Retiree’s Resident Visa (SRRV). For the rest of the foreign residents, it will be valid for one (1) year.
I. Two (2) copies of duly-accomplished PID application form
II. PROOF OF IDENTITY – Submit any one (1) of the following:
– Birth Certificate Issued by NSO or Local Civil Registry
– Valid Driver’s License
– Valid Passport

For complete details, refer here.

– Postal Offices

For a list of Postal Offices available in your area, click here.

PRICE: PHP 504 (Regular processing) PHP 650 (RUSH)


When someone says passport, all we can think about is having to travel. However, most of us don’t know that it’s not just something you could use for traveling. It could also be one of your primary documents/IDs to prove your identity. The Philippine passport has a ten-year validity period for those issued to Filipinos 18 years or older.

Click here to view requirements and here to know where to apply.

PRICE: PHP 950 (Regular processing) PHP 1200 (RUSH)



Professional or not, you are qualified for acquiring this type of ID. However, of course, there are requirements.

– Must be physically and mentally fit to operate a motor vehicle
– Must be able to read and write in Filipino and English
– Must have passed the written and practical examination
– Must be at least seventeen (17) years old
– Must be a holder of Student-Driver’s Permit valid for at least thirty one (31) days from the issuance / expired foreign Driver’s license / expired non-professional Driver’s license for more than two (2) years

There are three types of Driver’s licenses: Student Driver Permit, Non-Professional Driver’s License (NPDL), and Professional Driver’s License.

To know more about the requirements, click here.

– LTO Offices

PRICE: Approximately PHP 320 for Student Driver Permit, and PHP 820 for Professional and Non-Professional.



The Unified Multi-Purpose ID (UMID) is a four-in-one identification card that Filipinos can use to transact with government agencies such as the Social Security System (SSS), Government Service Insurance System (GSIS), PhilHealth, and Pag-IBIG Fund. – MoneyMax

To apply for UMID Card, click here for the requirements and form.

: Free for initial registration.

share this article